Bulletin Board: Body Love, A Summer Soirée, and More!
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Here's your monthly installment of Bulletin Board, Novella's digital refrigerator, where we spotlight the most inspiring things our community's up to. Below you'll find exciting news from our members including a piece on body love during the summer, an exciting internship opportunity, a summer soirée, and more.
If you have something to share in future iterations of this newsletter, email us at email@example.com with the details!
"Women are versatile. Women are strong. Women are creators of life. Women are whoever they want to be." – Alexandria Lockhart
TUESDAY, JULY 24
Bulletin Board: July 2018
Things to Read, See, and Do
- Last week, I went back home to Texas for a few days and wrote my first piece for The Stacks where I talked about what home means to me, especially during the summertime.
- It’s officially #sunsoutbunsout season, and this year, we’re not hiding. Audrey Williams wrote a beautiful piece for Man Repeller called This Summer, I Refuse to Change or Hide My Body. With opportunistic brands telling us to be proud of our bodies despite only showing “ideal” body types, Audrey empowers us to stop changing or hiding our bodies and instead discover our definition of perfect.
- We Are Women Owned is looking for interns! Are you interested in editorial, marketing, or social media? This community uplifts fempreneurs in the creative, lifestyle, and retail space, so email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (And P.S., we hope some of you went to their amazing pop-up shop at Artists & Fleas this past weekend!)
- Calling all the Dallas ladies! How to Be Social is a community of entrepreneurs and creatives founded by Jewels Clark. Make sure to RSVP to their End of Summer Soireé on August 11 filled with drinks, snacks, vendors, and speakers!
- Our recently featured Nadya Agrawal hosted a clothing swap for RAICES this past Saturday for the fight against ICE and separation of families! Read more about her over at the The Stacks.
- We know we’re not supposed to be looking at screens before bedtime and yet there we are, squinting at our phones late at night and downloading sleep apps. Lauren L’Amie wrote about the world of hyperconnected smart sleep monitors and trackers for NYMag.
- Bretony is a Black, queer woman who writes a post every Monday about philosophical, motivational, and current topics! Start your weeks right and check out her blog at Bretony Boheme.
- How do we inform the next generation of leaders? Alexis Wong founded 823 Magazine, a current events magazine for high school and early-college aged students that discusses culture, publishes interviews, and breaks down news stories. If you’re interested in contributing, send an email to email@example.com
- “Because you must.” Alex inspires women to live life full of love, light, and advocacy on her new blog post up on the The Rose, especially as a woman battling with kidney disease.
- Olivia Lindsay Aylmer is the co-founder of Constellation, a new digital publication highlighting creative women and non-binary folks in cities across the globe. Check out the third issue, The American South, featuring one of Solange’s vocalists and dancers Franchelle Lucas, singer-songwriter Caroline Says, and more!